Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Vacation Time | Las Vegas, NV - Crested Butte, CO

I started a new job about 8 months ago at Flip Video after working at Gladstone a Biomedical Research Company for nearly four years. Very unexpectedly Flip Video was downsized into nonexistence on May 19, 2011. This was sad news because I loved my job as a Graphic Designer and Online Merchandiser, but with every ending comes a new beginning. I soon found a new job for Recurly as their "Manager of Design and Creative Goodness." I'm very excited to start my new job and was lucky enough to take a few weeks off in-between jobs.

I took a one week staycation in San Francisco tying up loose ends, doing some freelance work, hanging out with friends, flying over San Francisco with a new coworker . . .



This flight was amazing. I have never been in such a small plane before, so I was a little nervous but once we took off the flight was really relaxing and beautiful. I got to see San Francisco from a new angle. My favorite views were of Golden Gate Park and the Golden Gate Bridge. Thanks Tim!

I also attended one of my good friend's baby showers. Everything was so cute. I can't wait for her to have her baby so I can play with her (it's a girl).





My staycation was pretty hectic so I was glad to leave the Bay Area and make my first stop in Las Vegas for one of my best friend's bachelorette party.



We stayed at the Mirage which is right on the strip. Highlights of our trip were hanging out a the pool, shopping, clubbing, and seeing Zoomanity. There were 8 girls and we all had a bachelorette induced good time.

After a few event filled days in Vegas, I boarded a plane to Denver, CO. I got in my rental car and drove for about 5 hours to Crested Butte, CO where my little brother and his girlfriend live with their new baby River Wilson. My mom had also been staying in Crested Butte to visit and help with the new baby. More on this leg of the trip later. . . for now bed time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...