Thursday, April 28, 2011

Portfolio + Identity Design

I have spent a lot of time and effort creating and refining my Business Identity and Portfolio. I found this wonderful company Pina Zangaro they make a wide variety of portfolio covers that can be custom printed, as well as the pages, cases, and sleeves for the portfolios. This company is located just a few blocks away from my studio. I had the pleasure of meeting the owner Tim at a portfolio day in San Francisco a few years back. I am in the process of updating my portfolio and resume because of a recent job lay off at Flip Video. I think as a graphic artist you should update your portfolio every 6 months to keep your book fresh. Graphic Designers should always be prepared to show their work. I use the hinged paper pages the PZ offers and I can print on both sides of the pages. This is a great solution because the pages are pre-punched and fit perfectly into my book. I use my Epson printer to print the pages. Each page takes about an hour to print front and back, so I will be spending a lot of time in my studio in the next few days. Looking forward to finishing my book and going to interviews.

My Studio Mate Josh LaCunha (NSFW) photographed my book for me his work is very beautiful. Thank you Josh!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...