Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Muffins

So today was very interesting. I worked from home because I have the worst head cold ever. I did my 9 am meeting with my boss via skype and I learned 3 things. 1) The look and feel of the Recurly brand that I should be shooting for. 2) What Geocatching is. I totally want to try this. 3) What Zicam is. It's a nasal spray that is supposed to work awesome for head colds. So I dragged my self to Safeway in search of this magical cure and used it. About an hour later one of my coworkers sent me this link that talks about how people loose their sense of taste and smell because of this product. I was thinking how awful that would be. Eating would be so boring. I grew up in a house where 80% of family time was spent around the dinner table (my parents both worked a lot). As a result food was very important to me growing up and I continue to cook and bake all the time. Being blind would be much worse, as a visual designer I would be pretty useless. Anyway (end of rant).

I also started using forrst today and so far it's awesome. It's a web site where programers and designers can post their work and get feedback. This is really important to me right now because I am the only designer working at Recurly, and it's nice to have people to bounce ideas off. I also learned how to make sexy web site buttons. Yeah you heard me. 

While I was at home I decided to make some muffins because I had all of the stuff and muffins are delicious. As you may have seen in the past I have the best EVER Vegan Banana Muffin Recipe. But I can't eat these muffins anymore because they are not gluten free. I found a GF banana muffin recipe online and tricked it out to be more like my favorite recipe and here is what I came up with.


Ingredients:
• ½ cup white rice flower
• ¾ cup brown rice flower
• 1 ¼ cup all purpose gluten free flower
• 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
• 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
 1 tbs cinnamon
 1/2 cup maple syrup
 4 bananas
 1 egg
 1/3 cup melted butter
• 11 oz Blueberries

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
2. In one bowl sift together all dry ingredients.
3. In a second bowl combine mashed bananas, egg and melted butter.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet, mix well.
5. Fold in blueberries
6. Spoon mixture into lined muffin pan.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These sound great and look so good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...