Monday, August 15, 2011

Best Gluten Free Peach Cobbler Recipe

I was recently inspired to make Peach Cobbler (gluten free of course) for the second time. My first try was okay but was more like a crisp rather then a cobbler, you can see that recipe here. A guy I was dating told me that it was his favorite dessert so I looked up a recipe, went to the store and got the many types of flower required to make this yummy dish. Then, he dumped me over text message. Yeah, burn. So anyway, I'm stuck with all of this stuff to make Peach Cobbler and I have a dinner party to go to tomorrow so problem solved.

This Cobbler smells amazing when you cook it and tastes even better. I'm serving mine with Vanilla Ice Cream. Can't wait for the dinner party!


Topping:
1/2 cup sorghum
1/4 cup almond meal
3/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/4 cup rice flour
1 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon orange zest (get one orange for juice and zest)
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 1/4 cup (maybe as much as 1 1/2 cups) milk
Filling:
4-6 large peaches, sliced thin (I left skin on) about 4 cups
1 Cup Blueberries
1/2 cup agave syrup
I Tablespoon sweet rice flour
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the liquid ingredients except for the milk. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Slowly stir in the milk until the batter reaches the right consistency- about 1 1/2 cups. In another small bowl, mix together the agave syrup, orange juice, and sweet rice flour. Combine this mixture with the peaches in a 9 x 13 baking pan. Spoon the batter over the peach mixture. You may have extra batter. Bake for about 45 minutes on 350 degrees.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...