Friday, August 5, 2011

This Week in Painting



I've been busy this week. I am trying to get a new collection put together called "Zombies are Sweet." I've been taking snapshots of my progress to share with you. While painting this collection I have been thinking of coordinating patterns to go along along with my ghouls. You can see little sketches of those in the margins. I've been wanting to make a paisley pattern for a long time so I took a stab (no pun intended ha) at it with some ghost inspired paisleys. There are ten different ghouls in this collection and I have some trick or treating goodie bag ideas. I also want to make these into a paper tableware and greeting card collections.


I am now working on isolating all of these images and creating surface patterns out of them. The more images I create for licensing collections the more I learn about what to include. This time around I added some key phrases along with some simple patterns I can use as accents or in the backgrounds of images.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...