Monday, August 29, 2011

Meeting my Teacher

A few months back I took a blogging class called Blogging Your Way with Holly Becker of Decor8 and Leslie Shewring of A Creative Mint. The class was fantastic! It was an online class so I never actually met the teachers.

Lucky me because Holly Becker just wrote a new awesome book called Decorate and she is doing a book tour! I just started reading this book and it has already inspired me to start sprucing up the rooms in my home. Last Thursday Holly was in San Francisco at Anthropology giving a mood board demo with Leslie and signing copies of her new book.

It was really amazing to meet both of the teachers of this online class. Holly lives in Germany so I never in a million years thought I would actually get to meet her. She was so personable and friendly. What a true inspiration.

A few other really exciting things have been happening in my life. My college roommate is getting married this coming Sunday in New Hampshire! I was worried to buy tickets for this even because I have been in-between jobs, but one day I just decided to go for it and make plans to attend. It's hard to be on the left cost, when a lot of your friends and family are on the right cost. I have missed a few of my friends weddings due to cost and limited vacation time, and I decided that I didn't also want to regret missing this one. Aimee (the bride) was my college roommate for three years and brought a lot of fun and excitement into my workaholic life. I leave tomorrow for an entire week back east which will include a stop in Vermont to see my parents, a stop in Boston to visit friends that I miss so much, and then off the the wedding in New Hampshire.

Also, I landed a very exciting new job as an Art Director with a startup company in San Francisco. I can't talk about the details yet, but stay posted for more info. I'm bursting with excitement! I really love when I take a leap of faith and everything just falls into place and works out. I'm going to try to take a million pictures of my trip and post them so you can all see New England.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...